When it comes to planning a trip where the fun in the sun and beaches you only see on television are concerned, the Caribbean is one of the premier destinations in the world. It is an area that people flock from all over to admire the beauty and fun the Caribbean delivers.
Often when people think about going to the Caribbean, they look into visiting St. Kitts, Grand Cayman, Saint Martin, or Antigua. These are amazing places that have so much to offer visitors, but they are not the only choices. There is an island that tends to get overlooked by many: Curacao.
5 Reasons To Consider Curacao
Curacao is a beautiful island that is located just east of Aruba and just off the coast of Venezuela. Curacao has so much to offer visitors, and here are five reasons as to why Curacao needs to be on anyone's radar if they're looking to take a trip to the Caribbean.
1. The Beaches. Anyone traveling to the Caribbean is going because of their desire for fun under the sun. There are 35 different beaches to hit while visiting Curacao. So many beaches considering that it only takes an hour and a half to drive the length of the island. Every beach has a personality of its own; there is a beach that will suit any visitors desires.
2. Affordability. Sticking to a budget is important to every traveler, and Curacao can help travelers stay within that budget. Curacao is ranked as one of the most affordable of the Caribbean islands to visit. Another great thing about Curacao is that it is located outside the hurricane belt, so traveling during storm season doesn't pose a real issue.
3. The Nightlife. For those who are looking to fill your days and nights with fun, Curacao has a hopping nightlife scene. Live music is a staple of this multicultural island, and all types of music can be heard, from jazz to soca. There is going to be the perfect bar or watering hole for any traveler.
4. The Art. If you are looking to partake in a bit more of a sophisticated type of fun, there are plenty of arts across the island to enjoy. From excellent art galleries to stunning murals across the cities, there is art to be enjoyed everywhere. There are also multiple museums for visitors to see and enjoy.
5. The Culture. The island of Curacao is a multicultural place that has a varied history. Citizens of Curacao carry a Dutch passport, but from the native Arawak people to the Spanish, Portuguese, and Jewish peoples, there have been a lot of influences on this island. Its close proximity to South America also adds to its diversity.
Curacao is a place that every traveler needs to consider. It is a beautiful island that has as much to offer travelers as any of the other more popular island destinations. Maybe the fact that this island flies under the radar of many Caribbean travelers can be another reason as to why it is such a great place.
If you would like to plan a trip to Curacao, just let me know by dropping me a note or giving me a call, and I will help you explore this beautiful island